Since March 1st, 2013 the phone numbers of the out-of-hours service have changed.
District 11 - Garda
Municipality of Desenzano del Garda
Address: Presidio ASL -Complesso Polifunzionale "Le Vele" - Edificio 5 - Via Adua, 4
Tel: +39 030 8377167 Fax: +39 030 2059842
For the following municipalities: Desenzano del Garda, Sirmione, Manerba, Pozzolengo, Lonato, Padenghe, Moniga, Soiano, Polpenazze.
This service provides home assistance when your GP or paediatrician isn’t on duty or is unavailable.
During the daytime on holydays and days before holidays: from 8 am to 8 pm
During the night-time every day: from 8 pm to 8 am
(from the website ASL di Brescia (updated: 4 March 2013)
Tasks of out-of-hours doctors:
- carrying out medical examinations both at their surgery and at the patient’s home, telephone consultations, in relation to the clinical picture and to the patient’s conditions;
- analysing and handling exigent health problems and health problems which cannot be put off for already known chronic diseases, by assuring the out-of-hours service with GPs and paediatricians;
- analysing the patient’s health situation and sending him to the proper service;
- prescribing drugs for non-deferrable therapies and drugs for long-term use, only if according to the doctor they are necessary;
- providing the following services, if they are necessary and non-deferrable: dressing, removal of stitches, drip-feed, nasal packing, anti-tetanus prophylaxis;
- issuing medical certificates only to citizens who have to work on holidays, days before holidays and at night-time;
- if the patient agrees, they share information with his GP/paediatrician.
Out-of-hours doctors don’t
- provide emergency services; in this case you need to contact the emergency medical service (118);
- prescribe drugs or tests which are not urgent and/or deferrable.